Following the restrictions of the past two years, we are delighted to be relaunching our CQC Training Days- back by popular demand!
These are hosted by former National CQC Training Manager James McQuillin at venues across Manchester, London, Birmingham and Southampton – more locations soon to follow.
Read on to learn more about the course presenter, agenda, venues, and ticketing.
Hosted by Former CQC National Training Manager, James McQuillin
James spent many years as the National Training Manager at the CQC and its predecessor, the Commission for Social Care Inspection. He is one of the founders of iBenchmark, the UK’s Leading CQC Compliance Software. He has a thorough insight into the expectations of the CQC and exactly what is required to be an ‘Outstanding’ provider.
He is passionate about supporting providers like you to understand compliance legislation and to achieve an Outstanding CQC rating. He has delivered this training course nationwide for many years, both internally within the CQC and externally to thousands of service providers.
This course guides you through the CQC’s Assessment Framework and Inspection Process, as well as providing expert insight into how you can achieve that desirable ‘Outstanding’ rating.
- History of the CQC and their standards
- Understanding the inspection model
- What are the 11 Fundamental standards?
- The 5 Questions asked as part of the Inspection.
- Mapping the standards to the 5 Questions
- The CQC Evidence Matrix
- Evidence that now demonstrates compliance for the 5 Questions
- KLOE – key Lines of Enquiry
- Why staff matter and How to prepare them
- Identifying what you do Above and Beyond
How to conduct mock Inspections
- Understanding SOFI (Short Observational Framework for Inspections)
- How to carry out Observational Audits / reviews (using a CQC Inspectors methodology and guidance material)
- Identify areas for improvement and the root cause from the video
On the day of inspection
- First Impressions Matter
- Time to Showcase your good work
- Introductions (Who are the Inspection team?)
- General house-keeping for everyone
After the inspection
- Team brief
- 48 Hour Rule
- Characteristics of Each of the 4 Ratings
- How often you will be Inspected
- Draft Report
Hints and Tips for achieving Outstanding
- What constitutes outstanding?
- Sharing Best Practice
- Getting the most from the CQC Website
Venues and Dates
The course is running this May and June at venues in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Southampton.
We will soon be announcing more venues in Bristol, Harrogate, Exeter, Harrogate and Norwich!
Edgbaston Cricket Club Birmingham, Wednesday 18th May
Edgbaston Rd, Birmingham B5 7QU
London Golf Club, Thursday 26th May
Stansted Lane, Ash Nr Brands Hatch TN15 7EH
Emirates Old Trafford Manchester, Tuesday 31st May
Talbot Rd, Old Trafford, Stretford, Manchester M16 0PX
Ageas Bowl, Southampton, Tuesday 7th June
Botley Rd, West End, Southampton SO30 3X
The Oval, Kennington, Wednesday 15th June
Kennington Oval, London SE11 5SS
Is this course for me?
This course is extremely useful to those in the following roles:
- Business Owners
- Service Managers
- Senior Staff
- Team Leaders
- Heads of Department
The content is tailored to be applicable and insightful to all sectors:
- Domiciliary Care
- Primary and Acute care services
- Adult Social Care
- Care Homes
- GP’s and Doctors
- Mental health services
- Aesthetic Clinics
- Other health or social care provider
Tickets are subject to limited capacity, so book yours now to avoid disappointment!
Tickets are £250.00 each. Pricing includes the training event, a full lunch, and training resources to take away.
Click the links below to book your tickets.
The buttons below take you to Stripe, our secure booking system. You will receive email confirmation immediately upon booking, as well as further details about the event.
**UPDATE: MANCHESTER IS NOW SOLD OUT. HOWEVER, WE WILL BE RUNNING THE SESSION AT EMIRATES OLD TRAFFORD AGAIN NEXT QUARTER**
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0186 559 5795 or email email@example.com.